Wednesday 26 March 2008

*sniff*

Today I failed, badly... because today it took me over eight hours to make a cup of tea.

OK, that's nothing startlingly new (although it is pretty bad, even by my standards). The whole turn kettle on, get distracted, repeat until actually getting as far as drowning a bag, get distracted, repeat... process is, thanks to the ADD, perfectly normal for me. So a few hours to make a cuppa is perfectly normal, even if that number is uncomfortably large.

What's bothering me is that today it took me eight hours to notice that the kettle wasn't plugged in.

I don't know how many times I thought I was reboiling the kettle only to get distracted before noticing that it wasn't working.

On the bright side, I nailed that cuppa on the first attempt once the kettle was actually plugged in. Yeah!

But still... Gah.

No comments: